04 April 2009

thirty, flirty and thrivin'

happy birthday to me!
so today i turn the big 3-0.
as i ruefully reflected
on my odds in all
the world says matters
for a woman--
marriage, career, etc.--
i said screw it.
i am in better shape
than i was ten years ago.
i have more significant friends
than ever before.
my life is at an amazingly
broken place where
i am learning to trust God
for everything.
the community i live in
is wonderful, supportive
and challenging.
and i wouldn’t trade
these past thirty years
for the house with a picket fence
and a husband and kids.
i have enjoyed my adventures.
whether i have
3,
10,
or 30 more years
i plan on living in each moment
knowing in His timing
the desires of my heart
will be fulfilled.
happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you, and may God continue to lead and bless you in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still feel this way, today?

    ReplyDelete