13 April 2009

in other words

1 corinthians 13.1-8a

①if i can speak spanish but don’t love the spanish-speakers, i might as well be speaking greek.

②if i can see where my friend’s poor decisions are leading and am sure how each story ends, but don’t love him/her, i’m zilch.


③and if i serve people, doing whatever they need, dying to my wants and needs, but never love them, it gets me no points.


④love waits; love acts kindly even when the loved loves someone else more, love doesn’t make comparisons; love doesn’t look out for #1 all the time,


⑤or try to get all the attention. love’s first thought is not for its own comfort, and when people hurt love, it doesn’t keep score or get mad.


⑥love is sad when people choose evil but ecstatic when truth wins.


⑦love carries on no matter what the load, believes people can change, hopes they will, and walks alongside even if they don’t.


⑧love never, never, never stops loving.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Did you write those?

    That's such a beautiful description of those verses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i did write them.
    thanks. they represent a weakness with which i struggle and which i, perhaps, shall never vanquish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful. I have always had a hard time with I Cor 13 because I know I can never live up to it...much as I want to. It also reminds me that love is so much work, and I am so lazy!

    ReplyDelete