27 April 2009

on rainy days...

the evening greys in the falling rain. headlights make yellow-white shimmers on the wet pavement. “reason why” plays in the background as thoughts wander through my head like drips down the window.
what is this crazy thing, this soul we all wrestle through? sometimes i think the big events in life are the small things, the smile we give to an aching heart, the way we look at a friend, and really see them.
the droop to the lonely person walking down the street tugs at my heart. i know your pain, i feel it in this amorphous place within, my soul. joy, peace, satisfaction, love at times all seem to elude me. yet on the other hand i know they are as close as the mention of His name. can i say it? how practically do i say goodbye to the dreams half-remembered, never realized? how do i live in today and forget my longings for tomorrow?
the rain washes my world clean, soaking into the thirsty ground, bringing life for flowers to grow. can i lift my eyes to find that all i believe is true?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I know what your talking about here as I have experienced similer feelings. I think we often miss the small expressions of love and hope in an attempt to find the bigger ones. I also know what it means to focus so much on something I desire that I forget the source of my hope and joy. Anyway, beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how practically do i say goodbye to the dreams have remembered, never realized? how do i live in today and forget my longings for tomorrow?

    true so often I think we give up dream (or forget to dream) for a moments practicality

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have the answers, Midsummer. but good questions. let's talk more later. =D

    ReplyDelete