29 March 2020

scraps

one of my favourite art activities has been to create collages from old magazines, like the slightly blurry one above. i once wallpapered my door in snippets including words that spoke meaning to my heart. if the test of great art is the time one can gaze is wrap wonder then for me this is timeless. in each image i can drown, lost in a world of imagination and dreams. 
scrapspieces of a life
images
words
what does the collage of your life look like? does it radiate beauty and grace? is it full of unforgettable moments or ones you have forgotten? i have so many experiences that, like my hodgepodge creations don't fit into a seamless cohesive picture yet all together they make me uniquely me. from wrangling to roaming to writing.
these days of limbo 
we all get to pause.
selah
to take a brief look at the mosaic of memories and decide can tomorrow be different, better? no earthly eye knows all your clippings and some are better off in the recycling bin. when nothing is as it seems anything is possible. rearrange the scraps of yesterdays to paint a life that breathes hope. no matter what tomorrow brings it can be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment