02 November 2020

wind storm

 wind. 

not the lovely breeze that refreshes or invigorates. no, the gale force wind that almost knocks you off your feet. the strength of gusts when you must press in to counterbalance or risk toppling. funny, that. you must lean in, push back against the force of something that is hitting you harder than you think you can bear. literally. to continue standing you must embrace, move towards, lean into. counterintuitive. 

wind. 

i'm learning to not run from the forces that knock me off my feet. sure, it may feel like flying for a bit but it also means i can never stand still and i often fall. i must trust that He is with me and the change the wind can bring--not always just of me but others too--is for His best. He can carry me through. whether i am able to stand or not i will lean in and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment