30 June 2018

sing it out

row upon row of benches
expectantly empty
as i step up to take my place
the air is a living silence
half hopeful half at peace
i close my eyes and lift my hands
for my audience of One

my voice fills the woodland space
though my breath is not my own
each note echoes endless praise
and if judged by the trees
and swayed by the breeze
one might think i had golden tones
in my theatre alone

as i open my eyes again
the spectre of spectators flees
i walk forward into today
brushing the cobwebs of glory off
i hear the whisper oh so clear
how He loves to hear me sing
when i'm just before His throne

a thousand thoughts clamour strong
the host of words spoken in passing
shackles to my soaring heart
yet when He reveals His love
prison doors swing wide and free
i can be who He says I am
no matter what may come

No comments:

Post a Comment