13 October 2016

sarah

it's no use i'm afraid
the time is long past
those dreams deep inside
won't come true at last

i laugh yes i know
it may also be wrong
but you haven't been
in my shoes for this long

that day still burns bright
He promised yes He did
that these dried-up arms
would soon bear a kid

at first i thought maybe
a miracle would come
but days turned to years
and still not a son

i'm not proud of the time
i took over control
that plan b still taunts me
and eats at my soul

i don't know how he does it
that's a man i suppose
his eyes still light up
the faith in him glows

how can You still use me
this shriveled-up wreck
to end in such failure
is this worth my trek?

if You are who You say
here's my last bleeding cry
make good on Your promise
before my last breath i sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment