10 December 2018

glimmer

I wake up in darkness
and lie down in shadows
the sun has forsaken these northern lands
the year dawned with promise
yet ends now in sadness
I've nothing to show for the work of my hands

my feet trudge through long days
filled with aimless production
a humbled dream gypsy is a sorry sight
the clock hands press onward
though I know not to where
or what lies past long days with less and less light

the fog wraps me closely
in its comforting gloom
my heart stumbles a bit at what lies in store
I have come to the end
an ironic good sign
a place to begin if I hope for more

I wake up in darkness
and risk a second glance
through fog and through shadows a star dimly gleams
when all has been taken
I'm empty and ready
the impossible shows all's not as it seems

No comments:

Post a Comment