12 November 2018

light's end

tell me a story
at the end of the day
one that is certain
to drive shadows away
let it be filled
like the day is with light
with a promise of joy
that will ward off the night
paint faeries who dance
and a prince who is true
to fight all this evil
the maiden to rescue
the glow's fading fast
from the tall sun-kissed hill
i feel the cold creep
and my heart won't stay still
please don't pause now
when my breathing is slow
the time slips away
as the hourglass runs low
i've used the last match
brought castles from the flame
now help me to see
it was not all in vain
with so much behind
and even more at stake
i'm frozen alone
can't see which way to take
speak soft in my ear
if there's hope to be found
this side of glory
with my feet on the ground
tell me the story
make every word count
the silver cord's spinning
as my fears start to mount
the future is dim
but i hold out my hand
will you please save me
i know that you can

No comments:

Post a Comment