29 August 2016

adrift

i rise and walk through dusty days
the heat shimmers off the streets
i lay down my head when day is done
but find no rest between the sheets
days slip by like grains of sand
in an hourglass grown obscure
once i thought a hope was coming
now i think i'm not so sure
i used to tell my wandering feet
faerie tales of a home to come
now my steps seem automated
on a path that's troublesome
i believed i could face anything
because He asked it of me
how little i knew back then
how debilitating nothing can be
i'm still learning how to bear it
this cross like Éowyn a cage
but some nights the glassy expanse
seems too great for courage
don't give in to the emptiness
i whisper as the boat rocks slow
His love never failed me yet
keep waiting for the wind to blow

No comments:

Post a Comment