17 May 2016

that spot (heb 12)



when i come to the end of myself i hope to find a
place like this where peace is reigning and i can
rest safe in the knowledge that i am not the end but
He who promised will discipline burn out the dross
and someday bring forth the gold reminding me that
i chose this yes i chose i the gypsy He knew He
knows that deep down i long for the place of peace
the place of rest where He alone matters so as the
song goes here i am again in that spot take me back
tonight i am the prodigal wandering in my heart as
if i could find a way to run from the pain run from
the very fire that purifies me when He calls me back
oh so patiently and i am down on my knees crying
for the only touch that restores though i am not there
yet i hope i find that place the spot where i am in
His perfect peace and i know that this world has no
hold on me and i give up holding out and hold up
my hands and the end of my story is in glory...


No comments:

Post a Comment