05 July 2015

unguarded moments

I stood behind the oak trees
that framed the sunlit meadow
and watched the warrior princess
kneel down beside the water
her unbound hair flowed free
but did not hide her eyes
and as she wiped her sword
my gaze was on her face
instead of great rejoicing
as comes with victory sweet
I saw the tears and sadness
run streaming down her cheeks
I wondered at such sorrow
in one who seemed so strong
where was the cry of triumph
whose echoes still resound
I looked a little deeper
but the answer was much simpler
alone she cleaned her weapon
alone she faced new days
like Deborah she will stand
although that's not the plan
she'll fight the Kingdom's battles
reluctantly resolute
I prayed behind the oak trees
as I watched her walk away
for men to grow in honor
who choose not fear but faith

have compassion on the lonely
lady who does not go gentle
who might have chosen other
had a man first chosen right
in these last days of darkness
we ask for kings and warriors
for Davids not for Baraks
and hope He brings them soon

No comments:

Post a Comment