15 November 2014

boasting

(shout out to Voskamp for the reminder to practice Thankfulness)

i'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow and as i struggle through the mess of emotions that is my heart i am reminded that giving thanks for all His faithfulness reminds me that He is still with me.
here are just a few that come to mind:

  1. for the opportunity to face my fears and practice driving a manual car
  2. learning German and experiencing life as a second-language speaker that gives me a better perspective on the lives of my ESL friends
  3. time to spend talking with friends as they face difficulties
  4. living life as a German--from speaking the language in shops to doing zumba in the community hall on stage to living with a German family
  5. beautiful fall days filled with hikes all over the lovely countryside
  6. spending time with friends and family here
  7. finding daily bread (and lots of cheese and chocolate!) as i helped with the little jobs He sent my way
  8. realizing anew how blessed i am with people who care about me, even though i am not geographically near them
  9. a chance to again travel and visit dear hearts who live throughout the world
  10. constant reminders that He holds tomorrow in His hands
"If you brag, brag of this and this only:
That you understand and know me.
    I’m God, and I act in loyal love."  ~Jeremiah 9

No comments:

Post a Comment