24 October 2010

Wales! (not the aquatic mammal...)

had a lovely time at adventure week in Wales. Snowdon (a small mountain by Oregon standards, but steep!) was spectacular. the above view is from the top. we had (so we're told) a rare sunny day with a refreshing snow shower at the top. all made it safely, which takes on a more serious note when you read that on saturday (just 3 days after we were there) a lady fell off and died.
team building had high moments and introspective low moments. found myself often leading and then feeling bad about doing so. still working on being comfortable in my own skin.
had a very wet solo exercise on friday, sitting in the rain on a rocky hill for over 3 hours with no books, timepieces, etc. beautiful view in spite of the wind and rain, wonderful cleft in the rock. amazed at how much He loves me. oh, how He loves me!
now back to normal (whatever that means). week of planning for light party, school assemblies, door-to-door, etc. hoping that my Christmas plans take shape! anybody want me to visit over the holidays? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment