13 November 2007

an interesting occurance

something happened the day before yesterday that continues to puzzle me. i was on my way to lunch at my friends´house at about 1.30 and as i was walking on the sidewalk a car was driving very slowly in the opposite direction. almost as if it were a slow-motion scene from a movie, the passenger in the car (there were about 3 or 4 20ish guys) took a long drink of water and spit it at my feet. also as if in slow motion i swept my right foot up but still was splashed. the car continued on its way and i said (incredulous, it was the only thing that i could think to say) <> and continued. no raucous laughter at a good joke greeted my ears, which makes it all the more strange. everyone here that i have told about the story can´t think of any cultural reason and i am left with only two thoughts:
1. they were thinking, <>, as immigration is a sore issue in parts of spain
2. they were wasted/high/drugged, as the part of town they were coming from is a drug center.

No comments:

Post a Comment