08 October 2007

¡vale!

the first day of school. yikes. i feel so nervous and i´m supposed to be the expert. first class, 13- and 14-year-olds. ate me alive. so much noise. just like my habitación with la mujer mayor, Doña Teresa. she is hard of hearing and so we yell all the time. but she is very kind and i am glad to have a place to lay my head. have been to the playa, put my feet in the sea for the first time. felt like a very warm day at cannon beach...but still cold. warmer than my ocean but not like hawaii. enjoying the people at the two iglesias that i attend, very kind, welcoming. still getting my feet under me but feeling a bit better.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't told you, but I've been inspired to grow my hair back out. Isn't that the way of things. Just when I chop it off, I decide I want to grow it back out. It's starting to be a theme in my life . . .long, short, shorter, shortest, shaggy, long, and repeat. LOL. I'm sure you did fine on your first day. I'm still daily fighting my jealousy, but am so extremely excited for you I can barely stand it. Any luck on the apartment? I'm thinking maybe coming for a visit in May, while all the college students here in the states are taking exams. We'll see how the airfare looks. By that time, if I play my cards right I should have like a week of vacation to use, wahoo! Love you bunches and bunches! Praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting a bit acclimated. Please don't talk about the ocean too much or I will get homesick for California!! Hugs from the Forbis Household.

    ReplyDelete