19 February 2017

when it's raining

i'm smelling woodsmoke
in the air
feeling drops upon my skin
a thousand piercing sensations
remind me of a place i once called home.
how did it come to this
when did i think i could
figure it out
make it work
be loved
the ache in my side
like rainy arthritic pain
but younger fresher throbbing
what's missing in the fall
verdant gardens barred

i'm seeing blurred faces
hearing the soft pitter-patter
on my windshield
the myriad of memories
burning home the truth.
when i found Him i could
lay my hopes on His
strong shoulders and know
rain comes and goes
His love endures all heartache
those buried dreams
missing in colder days
waiting behind a gate
i've yet to walk through
still ahead

so bring on the drops
i'm laughing precipitously
the day will come
when all is made clear

No comments:

Post a Comment